Buying a Home In York County - 9 Step Process to Follow
Buying a home is one of the biggest investments you will make. In South Carolina, you have the right to be represented by a Buyer Specialist. Homes in the Piedmont has full time buyer specialists to represent home buyers needs throughout the real estate transaction. Specializing in Rock Hill SC, Fort Mill, Tega Cay SC and Lake Wylie, South Carolina real estate, our buyer agents can show any property or home for sale in our area including those listed by us, FSBO or ANY other listing in the MLS.
* Access to the services that only a full service broker provides.
* As natives, we are familiar with all the neighborhoods, shopping, schools, and amenities that are available. This knowledge is essential to help you choose the right home and the right location.
As a buyer, you are interested in three factors.
The Buying Process involves a few essential steps to ensure that you find the right home. The Homes in the Piedmont process is designed to:
- Understand your needs- We spend time determining exactly what you need, your financial position and financing options. As the only real estate group with a CRS designation, Homes in the Piedmont is certified in understanding the needs of transferees. Even as recently as June, rules changed regarding the trailing spouse.
- Assist in the selection of homes - We can view all the properties listed in both York County and Charlotte at our computers. We view exterior and interior photographs and see pertinent information allowing you to select only those homes you feel meet your needs. We also email custom links to properties that are screened based on your criteria. Together, we determine the ideal home suited to your needs - size, style, features, location, and accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping, and other personal preferences.
- Look at a Few Right Homes - We look at those homes that you select. We then suggest simple, imaginative changes that could make a home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
- Get a bigger picture - We can supply information on real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of proposed zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
- Estimate Costs - We provide a Buyer Estimate sheet so that you can review likely costs associated with buying a home. This document helps buyers better prepare for closing and other costs. This process helps you determine how much home you can actually afford.
- Get you pre-approved- We can suggest additional ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods. We can arrange to have you "pre-qualified" which can improve your negotiating position when the times comes to make an offer.
- Explain the Forms- As with any large and legal transaction, buying a home requires a number of forms. We review and assist with the forms so that you understand the buying process.
- Negotiate the Sale - As your Buyer Agent, we represent you and your interests in the buying process. We provide information and data that helps you make an initial offer, and we negotiate on your behalf with the seller and his/her agent.
Guide from contract to closing- Between the time your offer is accepted and the day of your closing, numerous activities occur. Inspections must be coordinated and reviewed, loan processing takes place, surveys may be done, repairs must be negotiated, and appointments must be coordinated. Closing attorneys require that they receive and understand all pertinent invoices, reports and documents. Our role is to ensure that you are represented throughout the process, that all parties are informed, and that everything necessary for closing is available.