Buying Your York County, SC Home - Find the Right Home
Find Your Fort Mill, Rock Hill, or Lake Wylie Home
Homebuyers in York County SC have many choices when it comes to real estate. Choosing the right home is based on a number of considerations. The Piedmont area of South Carolina offers beautiful communities and neighborhoods. Rock Hill has Winthrop University, established neighborhoods, history, and shopping. Growing Fort Mill mixes old and new, and Tega Cay and Lake Wylie boast lake living.
Prioritize your needs and wants. Evaluate each item carefully and list each in order of importance to you. Use weight factors to give higher value to those items that are essential or are most desirable.
Consider the following:
- Location commuting routes, schools, shopping, medical facilities, etc.
- New Construction or an older home in and established area
- Neighborhood family, upscale, new or established, townhomes, amenities.
- Total Price the home, association dues, taxes, insurance
- Type of Loan None (case), 20 or 30 year fixed, 5/1 ARMS, no documentation, etc.
- Lot size, high or low maintenance, landscaped or needs work, irrigation system, fencing, wooded or not, private or not so, pet requirements
- Age a new home or an older one? New homes sparkle and may include builder incentives. Consider build out time for the neighborhood. Older homes can offer more value per square foot and be located in more established areas.
- Warranty New homes typically come with a one year builder warranty. Appliances and mechanical systems are new and may include additional warranties or guarantees. In an older or resale home, appliances may be older. A home warranty can alleviate some concern when purchasing an older home. As your agent, we can assist with the negotiation of a warranty or offer one.
- Style 2 story or ranch, open and airy or traditional rooms, master on first or second, townhouse or garden home.
- Construction Brick, siding, high or low maintenance
- Special Requirements Wheelchair accessibility, guest suite, walk in storage, etc..
Search the MLS. Use this website SEARCH FOR HOMES to view all homes for sale in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill, York and Lancaster Counties, and surrounding areas. Use our site to narrow your choices to five to seven homes. Alternatively, visit our office for assistance.
Narrow the list using the Need and Want criteria. Select homes that fit your needs and lifestyle and print information and review. E-mail or share the MLS numbers or the address with us. We will review your selections and set showing appointments.
Make showing notes. Seeing several homes can be confusing, and the things you like least and most may not remain memorable. Take notes as you view each home documenting the things you like and dislike about each home.. Note the attributes in two columns for each house. Narrow your choices to select one or two after viewing the selected homes. Examine choices closely. Look at cost for each choice.
You found your home, it's time to make an offer!