Selling Your York County SC Home-Negotiating the Offer
Negotiating a Real Estate Offer to Purchase
The Home Purchase Offer
The York County SC real estate market has changed significantly over the last few years. Homes in Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and Tega Cay have seen some loss in value from the peak values of 2005-2006. Home buyers are very selective and they expect value. Having a realtor that knows the real estate market and tracks sales is instrumental in weighing offers.
If a buyer decides to make an offer on your York County home, we or their agent will prepare a South Carolina Offer to Purchase specifying the details of the Agreement to Buy and Sell Real Estate. After our review, we will contact you to present the offer. Among other things, we will discuss:
Price Isn't Everything: Price is not always the deciding factor and the first offer may not be final: Our role is to help you sift through all the terms and conditions of the offer(s) you receive to help create a transaction that best suits your needs. We will cover recent Rock Hill, Fort Mill homes sales to help you weigh the offer. When appropriate, we will help you draft a counter offer in response. If presented with multiple offers, the highest price offer may not be the best offer to accept. After all things are considered, we discuss the strengths of each offer.
Dealing Objectively and Fairly: Selling your home requires remaining objective and negotiating in good faith. We help you negotiate contractual terms that are beneficial to you and fair to the other party. As real estate professionals, we know how to handle situations including multiple offers, contingencies, personal property and various other contract terms.
The Deposit: Once there is a ratified offer, the buyer deposits an agreed upon good faith deposit into an escrow account, typically with one of the brokerage firms. The earnest money reflects their earnest intention to purchase your property and is credited to the buyer at closing.
Keep it in Writing (counter offers and addendums): Homes in the Piedmont converts all verbal agreements to a commitment in writing signed by both parties. This clarifies everyones intentions and prevents things from being ambiguous, forgotten or contradicted later. During contract negotiations, we draft addendums to your contract that will help further your objectives.
Staying on Track: Real estate contracts provide a series of deadlines for both buyers and sellers. Keeping events on schedule ensures a timely and successful close of the transaction. Upon acceptance of an offer, we will discuss the next steps and keep you informed of all activities related to your transaction.
Now that you and the buyer have agreed on price and other terms, you now have a contract in place on your home. Let's look at those last, but critical, steps like inspections, appraisals and closing.
Articles & Links
- NEW HOME SEARCH-FLOOR PLANS, MAPS, MORE
- GET NEW LISTINGS FREE-BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
- Rock Hill SC Homes for Sale - Comprehensive home search
- Allen Tate Realtors & Homes in the Piedmont-perfect pair
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate and Homes for Sale-SEARCH NOW
- Lake Wylie SC homes for sale, search properties for sale
- Tega Cay SC Real Estate-Search for all properties
- Indian Land SC Home Search
- Interested in Selling Your Home or Its Market Value?
- Selling your Fort Mill, SC Home-Contact Us
- Selling your Rock Hill SC home?
- 2013 Real Estate Tax - Who Pays?
- Home Warranties - Buyers and Seller Benefit
- Homes Appraisals in York County South Carolina
- Forclosure Options-What are they?
- What is a Short Sale-we can help
- 10 Reasons to Avoid Foreclosure-there may be options
- Does my FICO Score Matter & How is it Calculated
- What do I need when applying for a mortgage?
- Facing Short Sale or Foreclosure on 1031? Plan Ahead
- Should I sell my home in this market? What are my options?
- The Home Inspection Process-What Home Sellers Should Know
- New Regulations Impact Closing Date, Appraisals, Disclosures
- Your Home Did not Sell - Here' s Why
- Negotiation - Homes Sales Price is just the first step
- Should I Stage My Home?
- Buyer Beware! Lenders do multiple credit checks
- FSBO Pros and Cons in Today's Real Estate Market
- FHA Relaxes Flipping Rules-Buyers, Investors,Communities Win
- MDIA Regulates Disclosures for Home Buyers-Know Your RIghts
- Square Footage of a home-Does Size Matter?
- Sell Your Home for Top Dollar in the Current Market
- Thinking about a Condominium or Townhome in York County?
- Rock Hill Homes Sales By Price Range-Know where you stand
- New Construction vs. Resale Home - Advantages of Each
- Inheritance Tax Changes in 2010 - Consider 1031
- Buying York County Real Estate-Determine Needs and Wants
- Staging Your York County Home-How and When?
- Trailing Spouse? Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae tighten rules
- 10 Tax Deductions You Should Research including York County
- Buying your York County Home-9 Step Process to Review
- The appraisal process explained - Understand its importance
- Purchasing a Home - Get an Home Inspection
- Price is not the only consideration in a buyers market
- Selling Your Home - Get it READY FOR SHOW TIME
- Selling Your York County Home -Select Homes in the Piedmont
- Home Staging Tips-Is It a Do It Yourself Task?
- The Contract to Purchase is Complete - Now What?
- Buying a home-check out Homes in the Piedmont Buying Process
- Homes in the Piedmont - Check out our home sale services
- 7 Reasons to Team with Homes in the Piedmont Experts
- Read what our clients have to say
- Buying and Selling a York County SC Home
- Homes for sale, Fort Mill SC search - all listings here
- Fort Mill SC Home Search-all Listings in the area
- Indian Land South Carolina Real Estate-FULL search,free Info
- Search Indian Land SC Homes for Sale-full search,all homes
- York County SC home sales stats including Charlotte
- Fort Mill SC Market Blog- MLS Stats and recent informations
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Update Blog
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Blog-The Latest on Lake Property
- Tega Cay, SC Real Estate Market Blog-What's Happening?
- Search for Tega Cay SC homes for sale
- Rock Hill SC Home Sales Market Blog -Get the Facts
- Charlotte NC area market BLOG including Surrounding Counties
- Video - Using a Realtor To Buy or Sell Your York County Home
- Video - Value of a Home Inspection in South Carolina
- Video-Savvy Home Buyers Look for Kitchen Pizzazz
- Video-Is Your York County Home Ready? There's Competition!
- Video York County Buyers Are Looking for Price & Ammenities
- Fort Mill SC School Information
- Rock Hill SC District 3 Information - School Links and Phone
- Buying a home? Get prequalified
- Selling your Fort Mill home? We can help.
- Learn about the buying process-find the RIGHT home
- We Use the MOST Effective Programs to Market Your Area Home
- Consider a home warranty when buying or selling
- Buying or selling? Trust a top real estate professional!
- Tega Cay&Lake Wylie SC-beautiful waterfront and lake homes
- Charlotte NC Real Estate Market Overview
- Considering a home purchase? Plan ahead...
- 7 Reasons to Partner with Allen Tate’s Homes in the Piedmont
- The right team for this challenging market-learn why
- Selling your York County SC Home-We Know the Current Market
- Rock Hill SC Area Guide - Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- What is a short sale and how do I start the process
- Homes in the Piedmont SELLS Rock Hill Homes
- Lancaster SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Selling your home-Let's talk negotiation
- Selling your York County Home- Listing & Pricing Strategy
- Selling your York County Home? Let's get it ready
- Home Selling Process-Why are you selling?
- Selling a home in York County SC? Follow the process steps
- Selling Guide for York County Home Sellers
- Financing a Foreclosure-Get the Info about Homepath
- Indian Land SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lancaster SC School Information and website links
- Fort Mill SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Options Other Than Foreclosure-Consider these
- Receive New Listings in Rock Hill&Fort Mill SC-FIRST TO KNOW
- Closing or Escrow of Real Estate in SC
- Buyer Closing Costs - What are they?
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate Blog-Market Stats
- Tega Cay, South Carolina Real Estate Blog & Home Sales Info
- House plans, directions, new homes in York County
- The contract is signed-Now What?
- Buying a home? Get an Inspection
- Buying or selling in Tega Cay? Waterfront homes found here
- Selling a York County Home- Top Agents and Brokers know how
- Charlotte NC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lake Wylie SC Homes for Sale including Waterfront Properties
- Meet the team-recognized agents at Allen Tate Realtors
- Charlotte NC area real estate blog-home sales and video
- Home Buying Process in York County - Step by Step
- Search for All Rock Hill SC Properties-all listed homes
- 1031 Foreclosure or Short Sale? PLAN AHEAD
- The SC Real Estate Contract-Residential Offer to Purchase
- 1031 Exchange - Capital Gains and Recapture Rates
- 1031 Exchanges Offer Benefits and Have Pitfalls