Selling your York County Home- Listing & Marketing Strategy
Determine Pricing and Marketing Strategy
In two visits or consultations, the York County SC real estate professionals at Homes in the Piedmont will work with you to determine the best strategy for marketing your Rock Hill South Carolina or Fort Mill SC home. Our two-step home listing process is designed to ensure your home is presented to potential buyers using the most highly rated and successful methods for selling a home in our area.
1. Pre-market Consultation
During the assessment meeting, we ask questions to better understand your situation and learn more about your home. We will ask about your home's size, condition, and approximate square footage. Criteria like number of bedrooms, baths, garage spaces, lot size and recent upgrades are factors. Your answers provide essential information we need to effectively price and compile the right marketing strategy for your home. Based on the data provided, we research the data bases exclusive to real estate agents and prepare a market analysis and right price strategy.
2. Listing Visit, Listing Agreement and the Sellers Disclosure
During our listing visit, we take a home tour. As we walk through your home, we will have you point out features as if we were a potential home buyer. Knowing unique things about your home helps to paint a visual in a buyer's mind, so we may ask you to document the things you love about your home for inclusion in marketing materials. We evaluate your home in the following categories and make any recommendations to improve appearance and enhance marketability.
Analyze Your Property
Creating Curb Appeal: The value of curb appeal is that it entices drive-by buyers to want to come inside the home. Your yard should at least be comparable to the neighborhood; the cost of a quick clean up by a landscape crew usually pays for itself through a faster sale. Where feasible, we recommend a splash of color by planting annuals along the entryway or a large planter with a complementary plant. We will tell you if the exterior of the home needs any improvement.
Cosmetic changes and repairs: A coat of paint and other affordable upgrades can take years off a homes appearance. A light neutral paint color has the broadest appeal and may also make rooms look larger. We will help you weigh whether significant repairs or upgrades prior to putting your home on the market will generate return on investment.
Staging: If you watch HGTV, then you have heard of staging. Staging a home allows it to appeal to the widest audience. Do-it-yourself tips include putting out fresh flowers, playing music, and baking fragrant cookies before a showing. We suggest that you make your home show like a model-put away personal items and clutter, movie out furniture that may make a room look cramped or overcrowded, consider traffic patterns, clear counters and buy new throw pillows. Consider getting a storage unit and use it. In some cases, we recommend professional stagers who can refurnish the house with their own furniture inventory, particularly applicable for situations like vacant homes.
Tips for showing: We see your home as a buyer will and we will recommend how to show it in its best light. We provide materials that address the showing process. Often this requires removing memorabilia that you love but that others may see as clutter. Turning on lights, even in the day time, makes your house appear more inviting, cheerful, and even spacious. A professional carpet cleaning can removie stains and odors that you may not notice but are immediately noticeable and often offensive to buyers who do not smoke or own pets.
Discuss our Customized Marketing Plan
Homes are unique, and all have positive and negative features. The Piedmont market changes from month to month. Homes in the Piedmont associates understand the local market. We cover key reasons home sell, and discuss the primary reasons they do not. Addressing as many negatives as possible before a home is put on the market is an essential step in establishing value. We talk to you about the specific plans for marketing your home and help you understand the benefits of each.
Collect information for marketing
The right materials are essential to buyers who might be interested in your home. We place a Home Book in the home to address questions buyers might have. What are the property taxes? When was the roof built? Is the home under termite bond? What are utility costs? Has the seller done upgrades? Our Home Book presents a professional overview, and it is a valuable sales tools.
Explain the forms and procedures
Selling a home is a major legal and financial transaction - one that is not done often. Homes in the Piedmont provides proprietary and legal documents that are necessary to protect you. Standard real estate forms can be complex, and time is needed to complete each one. Our discussion includes detailing the selling process from listing to closing. We review each document and ensure that forms are properly completed.
Determine price and the estimate of net
What Is Your Home Worth? How have the current market conditions impacted home values? Has your home appreciated? Do you have an appraisal? What kind of appraisal was done? Was it for the purpose of re-financing? How old is the appraisal? Do you know what it is worth? One of the biggest misconceptions is that the price one paid for a home has a correlation to value or current price. Cost does NOT equal value.
Pricing your home accurately for the existing market is one of the most critical decisions you will make. Many people tend to overestimate the value of their home. An overpriced home will languish on the market, and worse, may even be actively shown by agents just to make another home appear to be a better value. As experienced real estate agents, we look at dozens of homes every day and we have access to data that can help predict what price homes actually sell for, compared to their original listing price. We will review the competitive market data and Right Price analysis we completed. Using it as a guide, we determine the listing price for your home.
Sales price of the home is important, but it represents only a single component of the total picture. We provide a Seller Net Estimate based on the sales price to approximate net proceeds at closing.
Complete final paperwork and disclosures
Listing Contract: Based on our discussions, we prepare the listing contract. Homes in the Piedmont utilizes the state form and we explain each paragraph.
Disclosures: One of your primary duties as a seller is to document anything that should be disclosed to buyers. North and South Carolina require all sellers to complete disclosure forms. We are familiar with the state and federal disclosure forms and will explain that disclosure documents serve both you and the buyer in creating a sound and satisfactory transaction.
Home Warranty: Homes in the Piedmont recommends that sellers consider a home warranty that provides renewable coverage for the buyer for one year after closing. This warranty gives buyers a level of comfort in that they have protection from major home repair expense. Warranties are also helpful when a resale home competes with new construction. The most important feature to the seller is that the warranty also covers the seller from the listing date until closing - at no additional cost. Because we believe in the power a warranty as a sales and protection tool, we offer one of the best warranty products on the market.
When the paperwork is completed, and you have taken the recommended steps to ready your home for market, SHOW TIME begins.
Articles & Links
- NEW HOME SEARCH-FLOOR PLANS, MAPS, MORE
- GET NEW LISTINGS FREE-BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
- Rock Hill SC Homes for Sale - Comprehensive home search
- Allen Tate Realtors & Homes in the Piedmont-perfect pair
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate and Homes for Sale-SEARCH NOW
- Lake Wylie SC homes for sale, search properties for sale
- Tega Cay SC Real Estate-Search for all properties
- Indian Land SC Home Search
- Interested in Selling Your Home or Its Market Value?
- Selling your Fort Mill, SC Home-Contact Us
- Selling your Rock Hill SC home?
- 2013 Real Estate Tax - Who Pays?
- Home Warranties - Buyers and Seller Benefit
- Homes Appraisals in York County South Carolina
- Forclosure Options-What are they?
- What is a Short Sale-we can help
- 10 Reasons to Avoid Foreclosure-there may be options
- Does my FICO Score Matter & How is it Calculated
- What do I need when applying for a mortgage?
- Facing Short Sale or Foreclosure on 1031? Plan Ahead
- Should I sell my home in this market? What are my options?
- The Home Inspection Process-What Home Sellers Should Know
- New Regulations Impact Closing Date, Appraisals, Disclosures
- Your Home Did not Sell - Here' s Why
- Negotiation - Homes Sales Price is just the first step
- Should I Stage My Home?
- Buyer Beware! Lenders do multiple credit checks
- FSBO Pros and Cons in Today's Real Estate Market
- FHA Relaxes Flipping Rules-Buyers, Investors,Communities Win
- MDIA Regulates Disclosures for Home Buyers-Know Your RIghts
- Square Footage of a home-Does Size Matter?
- Sell Your Home for Top Dollar in the Current Market
- Thinking about a Condominium or Townhome in York County?
- Rock Hill Homes Sales By Price Range-Know where you stand
- New Construction vs. Resale Home - Advantages of Each
- Inheritance Tax Changes in 2010 - Consider 1031
- Buying York County Real Estate-Determine Needs and Wants
- Staging Your York County Home-How and When?
- Trailing Spouse? Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae tighten rules
- 10 Tax Deductions You Should Research including York County
- Buying your York County Home-9 Step Process to Review
- The appraisal process explained - Understand its importance
- Purchasing a Home - Get an Home Inspection
- Price is not the only consideration in a buyers market
- Selling Your Home - Get it READY FOR SHOW TIME
- Selling Your York County Home -Select Homes in the Piedmont
- Home Staging Tips-Is It a Do It Yourself Task?
- The Contract to Purchase is Complete - Now What?
- Buying a home-check out Homes in the Piedmont Buying Process
- Homes in the Piedmont - Check out our home sale services
- 7 Reasons to Team with Homes in the Piedmont Experts
- Read what our clients have to say
- Buying and Selling a York County SC Home
- Homes for sale, Fort Mill SC search - all listings here
- Fort Mill SC Home Search-all Listings in the area
- Indian Land South Carolina Real Estate-FULL search,free Info
- Search Indian Land SC Homes for Sale-full search,all homes
- York County SC home sales stats including Charlotte
- Fort Mill SC Market Blog- MLS Stats and recent informations
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Update Blog
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Blog-The Latest on Lake Property
- Tega Cay, SC Real Estate Market Blog-What's Happening?
- Search for Tega Cay SC homes for sale
- Rock Hill SC Home Sales Market Blog -Get the Facts
- Charlotte NC area market BLOG including Surrounding Counties
- Video - Using a Realtor To Buy or Sell Your York County Home
- Video - Value of a Home Inspection in South Carolina
- Video-Savvy Home Buyers Look for Kitchen Pizzazz
- Video-Is Your York County Home Ready? There's Competition!
- Video York County Buyers Are Looking for Price & Ammenities
- Fort Mill SC School Information
- Rock Hill SC District 3 Information - School Links and Phone
- Buying a home? Get prequalified
- Selling your Fort Mill home? We can help.
- Learn about the buying process-find the RIGHT home
- We Use the MOST Effective Programs to Market Your Area Home
- Consider a home warranty when buying or selling
- Buying or selling? Trust a top real estate professional!
- Tega Cay&Lake Wylie SC-beautiful waterfront and lake homes
- Charlotte NC Real Estate Market Overview
- Considering a home purchase? Plan ahead...
- 7 Reasons to Partner with Allen Tate’s Homes in the Piedmont
- The right team for this challenging market-learn why
- Selling your York County SC Home-We Know the Current Market
- Rock Hill SC Area Guide - Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- What is a short sale and how do I start the process
- Homes in the Piedmont SELLS Rock Hill Homes
- Lancaster SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Selling your home-Let's talk negotiation
- Selling your York County Home- Listing & Pricing Strategy
- Selling your York County Home? Let's get it ready
- Home Selling Process-Why are you selling?
- Selling a home in York County SC? Follow the process steps
- Selling Guide for York County Home Sellers
- Financing a Foreclosure-Get the Info about Homepath
- Indian Land SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lancaster SC School Information and website links
- Fort Mill SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Options Other Than Foreclosure-Consider these
- Receive New Listings in Rock Hill&Fort Mill SC-FIRST TO KNOW
- Closing or Escrow of Real Estate in SC
- Buyer Closing Costs - What are they?
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate Blog-Market Stats
- Tega Cay, South Carolina Real Estate Blog & Home Sales Info
- House plans, directions, new homes in York County
- The contract is signed-Now What?
- Buying a home? Get an Inspection
- Buying or selling in Tega Cay? Waterfront homes found here
- Selling a York County Home- Top Agents and Brokers know how
- Charlotte NC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lake Wylie SC Homes for Sale including Waterfront Properties
- Meet the team-recognized agents at Allen Tate Realtors
- Charlotte NC area real estate blog-home sales and video
- Home Buying Process in York County - Step by Step
- Search for All Rock Hill SC Properties-all listed homes
- 1031 Foreclosure or Short Sale? PLAN AHEAD
- The SC Real Estate Contract-Residential Offer to Purchase
- 1031 Exchange - Capital Gains and Recapture Rates
- 1031 Exchanges Offer Benefits and Have Pitfalls