Rock Hill SC Area Guide - Neighborhoods, Homes & History
Though Rock Hill South Carolina may be the largest city in York County, and the fifth largest city in the entire state, the area still exemplifies a life style that is slower paced.
Rock Hill homes are gracious and exemplify its history. From the stately homes near Winthrop University to the large custom homes in Laurel Creek, the architecture and style of Rock Hill's homes demonstrate the love of brick, stone, and detail. Neighborhoods and communities each offer character, style and a unique identity.
Many choose to live in Rock Hill because the town offers its residents a quiet, hometown feeling but with ready access to the amenities and convenience of a big city. Similar to Fort Mill SC, Rock Hill is also a 20 minute drive to the city of Charlotte NC.
The mild South Carolina weather is famous. With an average annual temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit, a January average of 40.5 degrees Fahrenheit and a July average of 78.5 degrees Fahrenheit, the climate allows the enjoyment of all of the four seasons without the extremes of heat and cold.
Downtown Rock Hill
Downtown Rock Hill has historic charm and character uniquely preserved in this modern age. The Downtown Redevelopment Master Plan guides the rebirth of Downtown area, attracting investment by both public and private parties in an effort to revitalize, yet preserve the area. Vacant properties are being redeveloped and renewed, new development is planned, and public amenities expanded, making now a great time to invest. With wide sidewalks, public artwork, premium landscaping, and dedicated maintenance, Downtown is the new destination for shoppers, and a place where business can thrive.
Opportunities for private capital investment, public sector support, and a wide array of living, working, and recreational options are available in the Textile Corridor. There are approximately 250 acres including, among other things, the Bleachery complex, Springs Industries, the Cotton Factory, private residences, small businesses, and portions of the Winthrop University Campus. The vision of this area is a pedestrian-friendly, mixed-use, urban village began to transpire with the completion of the historic Rock Hill Cotton Factory in the summer of 2007.
Rock Hill Educational Opportunities
Public and private elementary, secondary, and post-secondary educational opportunities in Rock Hill mark the Citys strong commitment to learning at all levels. With an enrollment of 14,810, Rock Hill School District Number Three is the largest of York Countys four school systems. Its 22 attendance centers include a vocational training center, two high schools, four middle schools, and fifteen elementary schools.
Winthrop University has been a Rock Hill landmark since 1886. Winthrops 100-acre tree-lined main campus is complemented by a nearby 450 acre sports and recreation facility. Winthrop has an enrollment of more than 5,000 students. Twenty percent of these students are pursuing postgraduate degrees.
York Technical College is a public institution offering both technical and college transfer courses. Established in 1964, the College is one of 16 state funded technical colleges in the state. Enrollment today has reached more than 3,600 credit students in more than 50 credit programs.
Under the supervision of the AME Zion Church, Clinton Junior College offers associate degrees in business, divinity, and liberal arts. Founded in 1894, the college offers a holistic approach to educating minds, bodies and spirits. Clinton Junior College was founded in 1894 and seeks to design and implement an educational program that will help all students lead moral, spiritual and productive lives.
Rock Hill Parks & Recreation
Articles & Links
- NEW HOME SEARCH-FLOOR PLANS, MAPS, MORE
- GET NEW LISTINGS FREE-BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
- Rock Hill SC Homes for Sale - Comprehensive home search
- Allen Tate Realtors & Homes in the Piedmont-perfect pair
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate and Homes for Sale-SEARCH NOW
- Lake Wylie SC homes for sale, search properties for sale
- Tega Cay SC Real Estate-Search for all properties
- Indian Land SC Home Search
- Interested in Selling Your Home or Its Market Value?
- Selling your Fort Mill, SC Home-Contact Us
- Selling your Rock Hill SC home?
- 2013 Real Estate Tax - Who Pays?
- Home Warranties - Buyers and Seller Benefit
- Homes Appraisals in York County South Carolina
- Forclosure Options-What are they?
- What is a Short Sale-we can help
- 10 Reasons to Avoid Foreclosure-there may be options
- Does my FICO Score Matter & How is it Calculated
- What do I need when applying for a mortgage?
- Facing Short Sale or Foreclosure on 1031? Plan Ahead
- Should I sell my home in this market? What are my options?
- The Home Inspection Process-What Home Sellers Should Know
- New Regulations Impact Closing Date, Appraisals, Disclosures
- Your Home Did not Sell - Here' s Why
- Negotiation - Homes Sales Price is just the first step
- Should I Stage My Home?
- Buyer Beware! Lenders do multiple credit checks
- FSBO Pros and Cons in Today's Real Estate Market
- FHA Relaxes Flipping Rules-Buyers, Investors,Communities Win
- MDIA Regulates Disclosures for Home Buyers-Know Your RIghts
- Square Footage of a home-Does Size Matter?
- Sell Your Home for Top Dollar in the Current Market
- Thinking about a Condominium or Townhome in York County?
- Rock Hill Homes Sales By Price Range-Know where you stand
- New Construction vs. Resale Home - Advantages of Each
- Inheritance Tax Changes in 2010 - Consider 1031
- Buying York County Real Estate-Determine Needs and Wants
- Staging Your York County Home-How and When?
- Trailing Spouse? Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae tighten rules
- 10 Tax Deductions You Should Research including York County
- Buying your York County Home-9 Step Process to Review
- The appraisal process explained - Understand its importance
- Purchasing a Home - Get an Home Inspection
- Price is not the only consideration in a buyers market
- Selling Your Home - Get it READY FOR SHOW TIME
- Selling Your York County Home -Select Homes in the Piedmont
- Home Staging Tips-Is It a Do It Yourself Task?
- The Contract to Purchase is Complete - Now What?
- Buying a home-check out Homes in the Piedmont Buying Process
- Homes in the Piedmont - Check out our home sale services
- 7 Reasons to Team with Homes in the Piedmont Experts
- Read what our clients have to say
- Buying and Selling a York County SC Home
- Homes for sale, Fort Mill SC search - all listings here
- Fort Mill SC Home Search-all Listings in the area
- Indian Land South Carolina Real Estate-FULL search,free Info
- Search Indian Land SC Homes for Sale-full search,all homes
- York County SC home sales stats including Charlotte
- Fort Mill SC Market Blog- MLS Stats and recent informations
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Update Blog
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Blog-The Latest on Lake Property
- Tega Cay, SC Real Estate Market Blog-What's Happening?
- Search for Tega Cay SC homes for sale
- Rock Hill SC Home Sales Market Blog -Get the Facts
- Charlotte NC area market BLOG including Surrounding Counties
- Video - Using a Realtor To Buy or Sell Your York County Home
- Video - Value of a Home Inspection in South Carolina
- Video-Savvy Home Buyers Look for Kitchen Pizzazz
- Video-Is Your York County Home Ready? There's Competition!
- Video York County Buyers Are Looking for Price & Ammenities
- Fort Mill SC School Information
- Rock Hill SC District 3 Information - School Links and Phone
- Buying a home? Get prequalified
- Selling your Fort Mill home? We can help.
- Learn about the buying process-find the RIGHT home
- We Use the MOST Effective Programs to Market Your Area Home
- Consider a home warranty when buying or selling
- Buying or selling? Trust a top real estate professional!
- Tega Cay&Lake Wylie SC-beautiful waterfront and lake homes
- Charlotte NC Real Estate Market Overview
- Considering a home purchase? Plan ahead...
- 7 Reasons to Partner with Allen Tate’s Homes in the Piedmont
- The right team for this challenging market-learn why
- Selling your York County SC Home-We Know the Current Market
- Rock Hill SC Area Guide - Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- What is a short sale and how do I start the process
- Homes in the Piedmont SELLS Rock Hill Homes
- Lancaster SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Selling your home-Let's talk negotiation
- Selling your York County Home- Listing & Pricing Strategy
- Selling your York County Home? Let's get it ready
- Home Selling Process-Why are you selling?
- Selling a home in York County SC? Follow the process steps
- Selling Guide for York County Home Sellers
- Financing a Foreclosure-Get the Info about Homepath
- Indian Land SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lancaster SC School Information and website links
- Fort Mill SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Options Other Than Foreclosure-Consider these
- Receive New Listings in Rock Hill&Fort Mill SC-FIRST TO KNOW
- Closing or Escrow of Real Estate in SC
- Buyer Closing Costs - What are they?
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate Blog-Market Stats
- Tega Cay, South Carolina Real Estate Blog & Home Sales Info
- House plans, directions, new homes in York County
- The contract is signed-Now What?
- Buying a home? Get an Inspection
- Buying or selling in Tega Cay? Waterfront homes found here
- Selling a York County Home- Top Agents and Brokers know how
- Charlotte NC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lake Wylie SC Homes for Sale including Waterfront Properties
- Meet the team-recognized agents at Allen Tate Realtors
- Charlotte NC area real estate blog-home sales and video
- Home Buying Process in York County - Step by Step
- Search for All Rock Hill SC Properties-all listed homes
- 1031 Foreclosure or Short Sale? PLAN AHEAD
- The SC Real Estate Contract-Residential Offer to Purchase
- 1031 Exchange - Capital Gains and Recapture Rates
- 1031 Exchanges Offer Benefits and Have Pitfalls