Fort Mill SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
Just along I-77, in the northernmost countryside of South Carolina, resides the upscale and progressive community of Fort Mill South Carolina. This small town York County community boasts beautiful homes, a safe and supportive community atmosphere, with all the benefits of being so closely located to a booming metropolis such as Charlotte NC. Known nationally for its schools, Fort Mill attracts those relocating from nearby Mecklenburg County NC as well as those seeking a home in a top district. Resting on the border with North Carolina, Fort Mill offers residents access to all the benefits that Charlotte has to offer; The Charlotte Knights, the Carolina Panthers and NASCAR racing, all within a short 20 minute drive.
Homes in Fort Mill SC include those with golf course settings like the properties in Springfield. a luxury golf community. Unique to Fort Mill are its equestrian properties, those located near the Anne Close Greenway, and neighborhoods tucked in quiet wooded areas. Baxter Village, a planned community, integrates porch front living, charming homes, shops, and restaurants. The Catawba River, an important natural resource, is also the focal point for local homes.
The ideal location and pleasurable climate make Fort Mill a favorable area for its growing population and demographic, year round. The average temperature is a cool 60 degrees Fahrenheit, this model climate allows the residents of the area to enjoy all the seasons and not have to with stand extreme heat or cold. This wonderful Fort Mill feature also makes drives to the gentle sandy beaches of the east coast of South Carolina, or the mountains lying in the western areas of both the Carolinas, much more appealing and manageable trips for the whole family. These brilliant traits only add to the already appealing nature of Fort Hills natural beauty.
Fort Mill History
When regarding the matured Carolina Border region, it is common to find communities both full of prosperity and rich in history; Fort Mills roots are no different, and date as far back as 1887. In this year, Springs Industries (the leading home furnishings supplier in North America) was founded in Fort Mill, SC, with humble beginnings as a single mill. Though with the industry quickly turning into more of a global market, Spring Industries merged with leading textile manufacturers in South America (Springs and Coteminas), creating a joint venture company in 2006; one that is better suited with marketing and manufacturing on a global scale.
Fort Mill Parks and Recreation
Just north of Fort Mill is the placid 2,300 acre area known as the Anne Springs Close Greenway. The Anne Springs Close Greenway lays claim to over 26 miles of hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails, and rarely seen views of local wildlife and landscapes; a superb locale for any looking to see the natural beauty that South Carolinians brag about. For the golfer in the family, Fort Mill is in close vicinity to some of the finest golf courses in the whole North Carolina and South Carolina border region. Golf courses that claim championship status and professional design, catering to the advanced or those wishing to hit the links for the first time; all within a par 5 to the Fort Hill SC, community.
Baxter Village in Fort Mill
Baxter Village, located within the township of Fort Mill, is known through the town for its own enduring sense of community. The residents all share in this community outlook as well as the idyllic nature of the dream neighborhood that is Baxter Village. This quaint quarter of Fort Mill enjoys an old Americana feel with its swept sidewalks and front porches that line the streets, leading all to Baxter Villages own Town Center and Village Shops. Baxter Village has its own elementary school, public library, urgent care center, parks and trails, community center, pools and tennis courts, not to mention its proximity to the Charlotte area and a nearby greenway. All of these community features frame Baxter Village as the picture perfect view of upscale living and southern hospitality.
Articles & Links
- NEW HOME SEARCH-FLOOR PLANS, MAPS, MORE
- GET NEW LISTINGS FREE-BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
- Rock Hill SC Homes for Sale - Comprehensive home search
- Allen Tate Realtors & Homes in the Piedmont-perfect pair
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate and Homes for Sale-SEARCH NOW
- Lake Wylie SC homes for sale, search properties for sale
- Tega Cay SC Real Estate-Search for all properties
- Indian Land SC Home Search
- Interested in Selling Your Home or Its Market Value?
- Selling your Fort Mill, SC Home-Contact Us
- Selling your Rock Hill SC home?
- 2013 Real Estate Tax - Who Pays?
- Home Warranties - Buyers and Seller Benefit
- Homes Appraisals in York County South Carolina
- Forclosure Options-What are they?
- What is a Short Sale-we can help
- 10 Reasons to Avoid Foreclosure-there may be options
- Does my FICO Score Matter & How is it Calculated
- What do I need when applying for a mortgage?
- Facing Short Sale or Foreclosure on 1031? Plan Ahead
- Should I sell my home in this market? What are my options?
- The Home Inspection Process-What Home Sellers Should Know
- New Regulations Impact Closing Date, Appraisals, Disclosures
- Your Home Did not Sell - Here' s Why
- Negotiation - Homes Sales Price is just the first step
- Should I Stage My Home?
- Buyer Beware! Lenders do multiple credit checks
- FSBO Pros and Cons in Today's Real Estate Market
- FHA Relaxes Flipping Rules-Buyers, Investors,Communities Win
- MDIA Regulates Disclosures for Home Buyers-Know Your RIghts
- Square Footage of a home-Does Size Matter?
- Sell Your Home for Top Dollar in the Current Market
- Thinking about a Condominium or Townhome in York County?
- Rock Hill Homes Sales By Price Range-Know where you stand
- New Construction vs. Resale Home - Advantages of Each
- Inheritance Tax Changes in 2010 - Consider 1031
- Buying York County Real Estate-Determine Needs and Wants
- Staging Your York County Home-How and When?
- Trailing Spouse? Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae tighten rules
- 10 Tax Deductions You Should Research including York County
- Buying your York County Home-9 Step Process to Review
- The appraisal process explained - Understand its importance
- Purchasing a Home - Get an Home Inspection
- Price is not the only consideration in a buyers market
- Selling Your Home - Get it READY FOR SHOW TIME
- Selling Your York County Home -Select Homes in the Piedmont
- Home Staging Tips-Is It a Do It Yourself Task?
- The Contract to Purchase is Complete - Now What?
- Buying a home-check out Homes in the Piedmont Buying Process
- Homes in the Piedmont - Check out our home sale services
- 7 Reasons to Team with Homes in the Piedmont Experts
- Read what our clients have to say
- Buying and Selling a York County SC Home
- Homes for sale, Fort Mill SC search - all listings here
- Fort Mill SC Home Search-all Listings in the area
- Indian Land South Carolina Real Estate-FULL search,free Info
- Search Indian Land SC Homes for Sale-full search,all homes
- York County SC home sales stats including Charlotte
- Fort Mill SC Market Blog- MLS Stats and recent informations
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Update Blog
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Blog-The Latest on Lake Property
- Tega Cay, SC Real Estate Market Blog-What's Happening?
- Search for Tega Cay SC homes for sale
- Rock Hill SC Home Sales Market Blog -Get the Facts
- Charlotte NC area market BLOG including Surrounding Counties
- Video - Using a Realtor To Buy or Sell Your York County Home
- Video - Value of a Home Inspection in South Carolina
- Video-Savvy Home Buyers Look for Kitchen Pizzazz
- Video-Is Your York County Home Ready? There's Competition!
- Video York County Buyers Are Looking for Price & Ammenities
- Fort Mill SC School Information
- Rock Hill SC District 3 Information - School Links and Phone
- Buying a home? Get prequalified
- Selling your Fort Mill home? We can help.
- Learn about the buying process-find the RIGHT home
- We Use the MOST Effective Programs to Market Your Area Home
- Consider a home warranty when buying or selling
- Buying or selling? Trust a top real estate professional!
- Tega Cay&Lake Wylie SC-beautiful waterfront and lake homes
- Charlotte NC Real Estate Market Overview
- Considering a home purchase? Plan ahead...
- 7 Reasons to Partner with Allen Tate’s Homes in the Piedmont
- The right team for this challenging market-learn why
- Selling your York County SC Home-We Know the Current Market
- Rock Hill SC Area Guide - Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- What is a short sale and how do I start the process
- Homes in the Piedmont SELLS Rock Hill Homes
- Lancaster SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Selling your home-Let's talk negotiation
- Selling your York County Home- Listing & Pricing Strategy
- Selling your York County Home? Let's get it ready
- Home Selling Process-Why are you selling?
- Selling a home in York County SC? Follow the process steps
- Selling Guide for York County Home Sellers
- Financing a Foreclosure-Get the Info about Homepath
- Indian Land SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lancaster SC School Information and website links
- Fort Mill SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Options Other Than Foreclosure-Consider these
- Receive New Listings in Rock Hill&Fort Mill SC-FIRST TO KNOW
- Closing or Escrow of Real Estate in SC
- Buyer Closing Costs - What are they?
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate Blog-Market Stats
- Tega Cay, South Carolina Real Estate Blog & Home Sales Info
- House plans, directions, new homes in York County
- The contract is signed-Now What?
- Buying a home? Get an Inspection
- Buying or selling in Tega Cay? Waterfront homes found here
- Selling a York County Home- Top Agents and Brokers know how
- Charlotte NC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lake Wylie SC Homes for Sale including Waterfront Properties
- Meet the team-recognized agents at Allen Tate Realtors
- Charlotte NC area real estate blog-home sales and video
- Home Buying Process in York County - Step by Step
- Search for All Rock Hill SC Properties-all listed homes
- 1031 Foreclosure or Short Sale? PLAN AHEAD
- The SC Real Estate Contract-Residential Offer to Purchase
- 1031 Exchange - Capital Gains and Recapture Rates
- 1031 Exchanges Offer Benefits and Have Pitfalls