Selling a home takes a top agent, right price | Learn more
Selling your York County SC Home in a Competitive Market
When selling your home in Rock Hill or Fort Mill, there are many new factors to consider. The real estate market in the piedmont area of SC has changed. Staging homes in Rock Hill and Fort Mill is common, buyers have significantly more inventory to choose from, and the competition is strong at all price points.
Homes in the Piedmont offers the best marketing plans, the power of Allen Tate, and market experience and knowledge provides an edge to sellers. Homes in the Piedmont offers expertise in staging and readying your home for market. Below are just a few tips to help you get started.
Look at your home like a buyer
Your home looks great to you, but a buyer will see it in a different light. Take fresh look at your home. Hop in your car, drive around the block, and scrutinize your home as a prospective buyer seeing it for the first time. Consider what's called "street appeal;" does it need washing or painting? Does the driveway need repair work? Is the landscaping in good shape? What about the roof? Do you see the algae so common in the Piedmont? Remember, be very critical; your buyer will be.
Next, pull into the driveway and take a good, hard look. Is the yard neat and trimmed? What about the view from the front yard? Now, walk inside and size up the interior as though your are seeing it for the first time. Take a tour and imagine what the real estate agents at Homes in the Piedmont might say about each room. Look into cabinets, open doors, check out the kitchen and bathrooms. Make a mental note of things that might put off potential buyers, along with another list of the things that first attracted you to the dwelling. Remember, the home has become a special place to you, but a new buyer will see things that you don't.
Make your home outshine the competition
Before putting your Tega Cay, Lake Wylie or Rock Hill home on the market, be BRUTAL about getting rid of clutter and collections. De-clutter every area -- closets, attic storage, kitchen cabinets, drawers, bath vanities, and shelves. Removie furniture and make sure the traffic patterns and open spaces are clear. Putting too much in too little space makes potential buyers think your home is too small.
After you've cleared out the clutter, it's time to really clean. Have the carpets professionally cleaned, strip and polish the floors, scour the bathrooms, go over the laundry room, polish the furniture, clean cabinets, wash windows and consider removing non-custom window treatments. Homes show best in bright light with blinds open. Don't forget the ceiling fans and kitchen appliances. In short, clean everything and make it sparkle.
Cleaning the exterior might require the help of a professional. At a minimun, paint or power-wash everything that needs the work. Remember, this is a ceiling-to-floor, roof-to-foundation project.
A dollar spent on maintenance can save you $$$
A home that does not appear to be maintained will not get top dollar. Patch the roof, touch up all the paint, repair the screens and porch framing, and make your entry area inviting. Water the lawn and landscape beds, and trim, mow,and edge. Removie of sick or dying plants. Grout in the bathrooms and on tile floors, adjust any doors that need it, fix scratches on the walls, cover stains, and fix any plumbing problems. As a full service group, Homes in the Piedmont advises our clients on what needs to be done, and that knowledge is based on CURRENT market experience. Consider a pre-inspection. This provides the real advantage of making any repairs in advance of putting your home on the market AND it helps minimize issues with the buyer inspection and repair negotiation.
It's show time
Finally, your home should be shown to sell. Open the blinds and turn on the lights. Remove all your kids and pets. Your house should smell clean, but not like air freshener. Expect little to no notice for some showings. You may have less than an hour to get the home ready. Remember, after location, the most important item to a buyer is a well maintained home. Some flaws can be overlooked if the buyer knows he can movie in without a lot of trouble and expense.
Articles & Links
- NEW HOME SEARCH-FLOOR PLANS, MAPS, MORE
- GET NEW LISTINGS FREE-BE THE FIRST TO KNOW
- Rock Hill SC Homes for Sale - Comprehensive home search
- Allen Tate Realtors & Homes in the Piedmont-perfect pair
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate and Homes for Sale-SEARCH NOW
- Lake Wylie SC homes for sale, search properties for sale
- Tega Cay SC Real Estate-Search for all properties
- Indian Land SC Home Search
- Interested in Selling Your Home or Its Market Value?
- Selling your Fort Mill, SC Home-Contact Us
- Selling your Rock Hill SC home?
- 2013 Real Estate Tax - Who Pays?
- Home Warranties - Buyers and Seller Benefit
- Homes Appraisals in York County South Carolina
- Forclosure Options-What are they?
- What is a Short Sale-we can help
- 10 Reasons to Avoid Foreclosure-there may be options
- Does my FICO Score Matter & How is it Calculated
- What do I need when applying for a mortgage?
- Facing Short Sale or Foreclosure on 1031? Plan Ahead
- Should I sell my home in this market? What are my options?
- The Home Inspection Process-What Home Sellers Should Know
- New Regulations Impact Closing Date, Appraisals, Disclosures
- Your Home Did not Sell - Here' s Why
- Negotiation - Homes Sales Price is just the first step
- Should I Stage My Home?
- Buyer Beware! Lenders do multiple credit checks
- FSBO Pros and Cons in Today's Real Estate Market
- FHA Relaxes Flipping Rules-Buyers, Investors,Communities Win
- MDIA Regulates Disclosures for Home Buyers-Know Your RIghts
- Square Footage of a home-Does Size Matter?
- Sell Your Home for Top Dollar in the Current Market
- Thinking about a Condominium or Townhome in York County?
- Rock Hill Homes Sales By Price Range-Know where you stand
- New Construction vs. Resale Home - Advantages of Each
- Inheritance Tax Changes in 2010 - Consider 1031
- Buying York County Real Estate-Determine Needs and Wants
- Staging Your York County Home-How and When?
- Trailing Spouse? Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae tighten rules
- 10 Tax Deductions You Should Research including York County
- Buying your York County Home-9 Step Process to Review
- The appraisal process explained - Understand its importance
- Purchasing a Home - Get an Home Inspection
- Price is not the only consideration in a buyers market
- Selling Your Home - Get it READY FOR SHOW TIME
- Selling Your York County Home -Select Homes in the Piedmont
- Home Staging Tips-Is It a Do It Yourself Task?
- The Contract to Purchase is Complete - Now What?
- Buying a home-check out Homes in the Piedmont Buying Process
- Homes in the Piedmont - Check out our home sale services
- 7 Reasons to Team with Homes in the Piedmont Experts
- Read what our clients have to say
- Buying and Selling a York County SC Home
- Homes for sale, Fort Mill SC search - all listings here
- Fort Mill SC Home Search-all Listings in the area
- Indian Land South Carolina Real Estate-FULL search,free Info
- Search Indian Land SC Homes for Sale-full search,all homes
- York County SC home sales stats including Charlotte
- Fort Mill SC Market Blog- MLS Stats and recent informations
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Update Blog
- Lake Wylie SC Real Estate Blog-The Latest on Lake Property
- Tega Cay, SC Real Estate Market Blog-What's Happening?
- Search for Tega Cay SC homes for sale
- Rock Hill SC Home Sales Market Blog -Get the Facts
- Charlotte NC area market BLOG including Surrounding Counties
- Video - Using a Realtor To Buy or Sell Your York County Home
- Video - Value of a Home Inspection in South Carolina
- Video-Savvy Home Buyers Look for Kitchen Pizzazz
- Video-Is Your York County Home Ready? There's Competition!
- Video York County Buyers Are Looking for Price & Ammenities
- Fort Mill SC School Information
- Rock Hill SC District 3 Information - School Links and Phone
- Buying a home? Get prequalified
- Selling your Fort Mill home? We can help.
- Learn about the buying process-find the RIGHT home
- We Use the MOST Effective Programs to Market Your Area Home
- Consider a home warranty when buying or selling
- Buying or selling? Trust a top real estate professional!
- Tega Cay&Lake Wylie SC-beautiful waterfront and lake homes
- Charlotte NC Real Estate Market Overview
- Considering a home purchase? Plan ahead...
- 7 Reasons to Partner with Allen Tate’s Homes in the Piedmont
- The right team for this challenging market-learn why
- Selling your York County SC Home-We Know the Current Market
- Rock Hill SC Area Guide - Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- What is a short sale and how do I start the process
- Homes in the Piedmont SELLS Rock Hill Homes
- Lancaster SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Selling your home-Let's talk negotiation
- Selling your York County Home- Listing & Pricing Strategy
- Selling your York County Home? Let's get it ready
- Home Selling Process-Why are you selling?
- Selling a home in York County SC? Follow the process steps
- Selling Guide for York County Home Sellers
- Financing a Foreclosure-Get the Info about Homepath
- Indian Land SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lancaster SC School Information and website links
- Fort Mill SC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Options Other Than Foreclosure-Consider these
- Receive New Listings in Rock Hill&Fort Mill SC-FIRST TO KNOW
- Closing or Escrow of Real Estate in SC
- Buyer Closing Costs - What are they?
- Fort Mill SC Real Estate Blog-Market Stats
- Tega Cay, South Carolina Real Estate Blog & Home Sales Info
- House plans, directions, new homes in York County
- The contract is signed-Now What?
- Buying a home? Get an Inspection
- Buying or selling in Tega Cay? Waterfront homes found here
- Selling a York County Home- Top Agents and Brokers know how
- Charlotte NC Area Guide-Neighborhoods, Homes & History
- Lake Wylie SC Homes for Sale including Waterfront Properties
- Meet the team-recognized agents at Allen Tate Realtors
- Charlotte NC area real estate blog-home sales and video
- Home Buying Process in York County - Step by Step
- Search for All Rock Hill SC Properties-all listed homes
- 1031 Foreclosure or Short Sale? PLAN AHEAD
- The SC Real Estate Contract-Residential Offer to Purchase
- 1031 Exchange - Capital Gains and Recapture Rates
- 1031 Exchanges Offer Benefits and Have Pitfalls